If you own a food joint or a juice bar, you need to have the matching tools to help you succeed in your business. A very important item product that you should consider buying in such a scenario is a commercial juicer.
As the name suggests, a commercial juicer is like a scaled-up version of the home juicer, making it suitable for both home and commercial use. This means that it is more powerful and has a bigger capacity to handle more fruits and vegetables.
Having understood that, this article looks at some of the best commercial juicers that you can buy for either work or home use.
What to Check Before Buying Best Commercial Juicer?
1. Types of juicer
There are 3 main types of commercial juicers. These are:
As the name suggests, these juicers are only designed to deal with citrus fruits. They are usually slow speed or manual and thus, they produce sweet juice that stays fresh for longer. Within this category, there are a variety of citrus juicers and these are:
- Squeezers: these are handheld juicers that let you put cut citrus fruits into them, then you squeeze the handles together to squeeze the juice out. They are only ideal for making a small amount of juice because this process it tiring and can be very time-consuming.
- Manual pressers: these are big, heavy and solid pieces that let you manually squeeze the juice out by pulling down a handle or lever, which in turn exerts a lot of pressure to the cut citrus fruits to extract all the juice. They are simpler to use as compared to squeezers, although they are still manual.
- Electric juicers: these take the manual work out of the citrus fruit squeezing. All you need to do is to push down the fruit into a rotating auger and let it take care of the rest.
- More affordable.
- Operates silently
- Limited to citrus fruits only
- Very slow extraction
Centrifugal juicers are known for their speed and affordability. They contain rapidly spinning discs with cutting blades and mesh filters for crushing the fruits and separating the juice from the pulp respectively. Because of this, they are ideal for instances where you want to make juices very fast.
- Very fast
- Relatively affordable
- A bit noisy due to their fast speeds
- Produces foamy and highly oxidized juices that have a shorter shelf life
Also known as cold press juicers, these are designed to slowly crush and extract as much juice as possible using tough augers, then squeeze the pulp through a screen under high pressure.
This results in a higher yield that is less foamy and with very little oxidation, which means it is sweeter and has a longer shelf life.
- Slow speed means they are very quiet
- Produces sweeter and more nutritious juice with a longer shelf life
- Takes a long time to extract the juice as compared to centrifugal juicers
- More expensive than the other types of juicers
Buying Guide: Citrus juicers such as Hamilton Beach’s 932 are only good if you deal exclusively in making citrus juices.
However, if your goal is to make as much juice as possible in a very short time from different fruits, Breville’s 800JEXL centrifugal juicer is the best option.
If you prefer high-quality juices and do not mind taking a lot of time to prepare it, a masticating juicer is the best option to consider. A good example is Champion’s G5-PG710.
A juicers speed is important to consider because it directly affects the quality of the juice. The higher the speed, the more the heat that will be produced and this affects the nutritional content of the yield.
Additionally, the juice will be foamy and more oxidized, which makes it lose its nutrients, sweet taste and shortens its shelf life. This is the reason why masticating juicers such as Tribest’s SW-2000-B stand out.
Although most commercial juicers are built to last, some have components that are made using tougher materials such as stainless steel or solid cast iron and this makes them very durable.
Furthermore, materials such as stainless steel give the juicer or its parts a shiny look and make it very easy to clean.
4. Types of ingredients
If you are looking to work on a wide variety of fruits, nuts or other types of foods using your juicer, citrus and centrifugal fall completely short in this because they are usually not designed as food processors.
However, masticating juicers such as Omega’s J8004 prove superior in this category. Most of them are designed as food processors, with the capability of handling soft or hard fruits, veggies, conversion of nuts to butter, grinding of coffee and other types of food processing functions.
5. Ease of Maintenance
Juicers are usually easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning purposes but some require their parts to be hand-washed while other are dishwasher safe.
While handwashing these parts is not a very hard task, dishwashing gives you the convenience of easiness to maintain your juicer and thus, a juicer with dishwasher-safe parts is better to consider.
7 Best Commercial Juicers of 2021 Reviewed
1. Breville 800JEXL (Best Overall)
2. CO-Z 0001 (Best for the Money)
3. Hamilton Beach 932 (Best for Citrus Fruits)
4. Tribest SW-2000-B (Best Cold Press)
5. Champion G5-PG710 (Heavy Duty Masticating Juicer)
6. Omega J8004 (Professional)
7. Gourmia GMJ9970 (Large Citrus Juicer)
1. Breville 800JEXL – Best Overall
- Type: Centrifugal
- Material: Cast steel, Titanium, Stainless steel
Breville’s 800JEXL takes the overall top spot because it is a very powerful centrifugal juicer with a 1000-watt motor and a 2-speed control system.
The high-speed option gives you a super-fast 13000 RPM for dense veggies and hard fruits while a slower 6500 RPM is available for soft fruits.
A patented 3-inch feeding tube is included on the upper part and this reduces the prep time required prior to making the juice since it can fit whole fruits and veggies.
This tube forms the main part of the product’s patented direct central feed system that is designed for maximum juice extraction.
Inside, the fruits and veggies meet a Nutri disc, which contains titanium reinforced cutting blades that are designed to remain sharper for longer.
You also get a micromesh filter with over 40,000 filtration pores to extract as much yield as possible, a die-cast steel housing, a 1.1-quart juice jug and a large 3.2-quart pulp container.
Combined, these features make this one of the best centrifugal commercial juicers in the market. On the downside, the fast speed of the juicer makes it a bit noisy and also reduces the quality of the yield due to heat and oxidation.
More Detailed: Breville 800JEXL Review
- Powerful 1000-watt motor
- 2-speed control system: 13000 RPM for hard fruits and 6500 RPM for soft fruits
- Large 3-inch feeding chute
- Nutri Disc with sharp blades and a micromesh filter
- Large juice jug and pulp container
- A bit noisy
- Its yield is not as high quality as that of a masticating juicer
2. CO-Z 0001 – Best for the Money
- Type: Citrus Juicer
- Material: Cast iron, Stainless steel
CO-Z’s commercial juicer is also a manual citrus juicer and it is the most affordable product in this review.
The unit features a 13.8-inch arm lever that is gravity aided to give you a quick and tight squeeze over the fruit that you are juicing. A cone-shaped strainer helps keep the produce well laid out as you squeeze and it gets rid of the pulp and seeds, leaving you with very clean and fresh yield.
This strainer, as well as the product’s other removable parts, are designed to be easy to clean because they are detachable and dishwasher safe.
Structurally, the juicer is built having a reinforced base that is made entirely out of solid cast iron and this serves as a great anchor to fix it on one place as you squeeze the juice out of your citrus fruits.
Additionally, 4 suction feet below this base keep the product stationery at all times, regardless of the amount of force that you use when squeezing.
- Gravity aided squeeze from the arm lever.
- Strainer and other removable parts are easy to clean.
- Solid cast iron base for stability
- Rubber suction feet for additional stability
- Designed only for citrus fruits.
- Requires a manual press every time
3. Hamilton Beach 932 – Best for Citrus Fruits
- Type: Citrus Juicer
- Material: Stainless steel
Hamilton Beach’s 932 is designed to help you extract juice from citrus fruits and is operated manually by a hand lever to exert up to 2000 pounds of pressure to ensure that all the juice is extracted from the halved citrus fruit.
As this pressure is applied, a stainless-steel strainer cone keeps the fruit in position and directs the yield down below to the collection cup. It gives a cup allowance of up to 5.5 inches and this pretty much means that you can use any regular sized cup to collect your juice.
To help you keep things clean, a drip cup is fitted beneath the strainer funnel and it helps in collecting any juice drops instead of letting them stain your kitchen countertop.
This cup is attached to a swing arm that conveniently lets you swing it out to leave you with the 5.5-inch external cup allowance when you want to use your own cup.
On the outside, an acid resistant finish enables the unit to resist wear and tear especially from exposure to citrus acids and collectively, the features above make this the top-rated commercial juicer in this review.
More Detailed: Hamilton Beach 932 Review
- Manual operation means that it does not require electricity to run
- Up to 2000 pounds of pressure from the hand lever
- 5.5-inch cup allowance for juice collection
- Drip cup with swing arm for collecting juice drop
- Acid resistant finish
- Only designed for juicing citrus fruits.
4. Tribest SW-2000-B – Best Cold Press Commercial Juicer
- Type: Masticating
- Speed: 47 RPM
With its super slow juicing speed of only 47 RPM, Tribest’s Slowstar is the best cold press juicer because it practically generates no heat and does not oxygenate the juice.
Despite this, the unit yields juice very quickly and this is as a result of its duo blade auger, which is designed to create double cuts for faster crushing, less jamming and less pulp as compared to the regular single edged augers found in other juicers.
This auger is rotated by a powerful and efficient 200-watt motor that is coupled with 3 stage reduction gears. The gears reduce the overall speed but increase the torque to enable the auger to crush tough fruits and veggies with ease.
Other features include a convenient juice cap that gives you control over the juice flow. This allows you to easily switch between different containers without causing any spillage. It also has a vertical design that uses up less space on your kitchen countertop.
On the downside, this juicer is expensive and the chute opening in both the juicer and mincing attachment is quite small, measuring 1.5 × 2.5 inches.
- Slow 47 RPM results in nutrient-rich juice production
- Duo blade auger.
- Powerful and efficient 200-watt motor
- 3 stage gear reduction
- Juice cap for control over the yield flow
- Small feed chute.
5. Champion G5-PG710 – Heavy Duty Commercial Masticating Juicer
- Type: Masticating
- Motor: 1/3 horsepower
- Material: Stainless steel
Champion Juicer’s G5-PG710 is a heavy-duty masticating juicer that is made up of high quality and durable parts that are designed to handle juicing a lot of tough fruits and vegetables.
For instance, it has a heavy-duty stainless-steel shaft that makes sure all the energy from the motor is transferred to the auger smoothly for effective crushing and squeezing of the produce.
The unit is powered by a 1/3 horsepower motor, which gives it a very powerful torque, especially when beginning the juicing process.
Being a masticating juicer, the product operates at a very slow speed and this means that it is quiet, and it produces a very nutritious yield that is less oxygenated and is produced in a very cool environment.
A set of ball bearings, one on the front and one on the back, contribute to the quiet running of the unit while also enabling it to operate smoothly during the extraction, making the setup very efficient.
However, the juicer’s speed is not adjustable for dealing with different types of fruits and the unit itself is quite expensive. The good thing though is that it is a masticating juicer and this justifies its price.
- Heavy-duty stainless-steel shaft
- Strong 1/3 horsepower motor
- Front and rear ball bearings for smooth and quiet running
- Operates at a slow speed and thus, very quiet
- Produces nutrient rich yield
- Juicer speed is not adjustable
6. Omega J8004 – Professional Commercial Juicer
- Type: Masticating
- Motor: 1/3 horsepower
- Speed: 80 RPM
Omega’s J8004 is the most expensive commercial juicer in this review, but it is a very professional product and has the features to show for it.
For starters, the unit has a slow speed of 80 RPM, which results in minimal heat build-up and oxidation. This ensures healthy nutrients and enzymes are retained after extracting the juice.
Its biggest strength, however, lies in a dual-stage juicing system, in which crushing and extraction are done in the first step while the remaining pulp is squeezed through a mesh filter before exiting to separate any remaining juice from the pulp.
This setup ensures you get the maximum yield and a very dry pulp. Additionally, the juicer can be used to extrude pasta, turn nuts into butter, grind coffee and spices and make baby food among many other things, making its use very universal.
Other features include being easy to clean due to its dishwasher safe parts. It is very easy to disassemble and put back together, which is good when cleaning the unit.
- A slow speed of 80 RPM
- Dual-stage juicing system
- A full food processor that can extrude pasta, grind coffee, etc.
- Easy to clean
- Juicing speed is not adjustable
7. Gourmia GMJ9970 – Large
- Type: Citrus Juicer
- Material: Cast iron, Stainless steel
Gourmia’s GMJ9970 is quite similar to Hamilton Beach’s 932 in that it is a manual citrus juicer, but it is way cheaper. This, though, does not mean that it is a poor-quality product. In fact, it is very highly rated and this shows that it is quite good.
For starters, the unit is a full commercial grade, 27.5-inch-tall citrus fruit press and it has a sleek design throughout its entire height comprising plastic and stainless-steel parts.
On the lower side is a full cast iron base that gives the juicer stability while 4 suction cups enable you to fix the unit onto any surface. The result of this is that you will be able to press your oranges, lemons, etc. comfortably without the risk of it toppling over.
For the actual juice extraction, a strainer is used, with the fruit being pressed onto it as the juice trickles down to the collection cup below. Together with the cone, holder, and bracket, these removable parts are designed to be easy to clean and thus, the GMJ9970 is easy to maintain.
- Affordable large-size juicer
- Full cast iron supporting base.
- 4 suction cups for better base support
- Easy-to-clean removable parts
- Designed only for juicing citrus fruits
- Not automatic. Requires the human effort to extract the juice
How to Use a Commercial Juicer?
1. Assemble the parts
The first step is to assemble the juicer’s parts and this should be done according to the manual. After this, ensure that you place it on a hard surface such as on a kitchen countertop so that it is easier to use.
2. Test if it works
Plug in the juicer if it is electric and make sure that your assembly works. If it is a manual juicer such as in most citrus juicers, test if the parts are functioning as they should, before proceeding to the next step.
3. Place a jug or cup below the spout
To avoid any spillage from messing up your countertop, ensure that you place a jug or collection cup under the juice spout before beginning the juicing process. Also, make sure to line up the pulp basket with a plastic bag so as to hold the pulp and make it easier to clean up.
4. Juice potent ingredients last
If you have to juice some potent ingredients such as ginger, garlic, and other herbs, ensure they are the last ingredients because they leave quite a strong flavor behind and might ruin your juice if you begin with them.
There is quite a lot about commercial juicers that you need to know before buying one, especially considering that you may use it for business purposes in a food joint or juice bar.
However, after going through the commercial juicer review above, Breville’s 800JEXL stands out as the best commercial and you should check it out.
In this post:
- What to Check Before Buying Best Commercial Juicer?
- 7 Best Commercial Juicers of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Breville 800JEXL – Best Overall
- 2. CO-Z 0001 – Best for the Money
- 3. Hamilton Beach 932 – Best for Citrus Fruits
- 4. Tribest SW-2000-B – Best Cold Press Commercial Juicer
- 5. Champion G5-PG710 – Heavy Duty Commercial Masticating Juicer
- 6. Omega J8004 – Professional Commercial Juicer
- 7. Gourmia GMJ9970 – Large
- How to Use a Commercial Juicer?