If you have been to a luxury spa recently, then you may have noticed they use warm towels. After all, nothing soothers you like a warm towel after a shower.
Luckily, you can recreate the same luxurious experience in your home bathroom.
The towel warmer is easy to install and will immediately enhance your bathing experience. Best, it does not need a lot of space and energy-efficient as well.
If you need this bathroom appliance, then go ahead and check our towel warmer review below.
What To Check Before Buying Towel Warmer?
Before finding the best towel warmer for the money, there are some important aspects to consider. Here they are:
1. Towel Warmer Style
One of the most important things to look out for when purchasing a towel warmer is its style. Indeed, it comes in 2 different styles to suit your need.
This type of towel warmer is very portable and can easily be carried from room to room. It usually has a large base to provide stability to the towel warmer but lacks the aesthetic looks of the wall-mounted model.
However, one major advantage of the freestanding towel warmer is its very affordable price.
– Wall Mounted
As its name suggests, the wall-mounted towel warmer has fixtures that will allow you to quickly and easily mount it on any wall.
This type of towel warmer is fixed and cannot be moved from room to room.
But its main advantage is that it does not occupy a lot of space and ideally suited for small bathrooms.
2. Temperature Range
Most towel warmers heat their crossbars at a varying temperature range. It is usually a maximum of 160°F and a minimum of 110°F.
The temperature range will depend on the model, but you should enjoy it comfortable towel temperature if your chosen model can output at least 110°F.
3. Towel Warmer Material
Towel warmers are made from a wide range of materials, ranging from aluminum to stainless steel.
The main advantage of a towel warmer is made from aluminum is the weight. Indeed, an aluminum towel warmer is generally lighter and can easily be carried from room to room.
Its main disadvantage is durability because aluminum is fragile. If you require toughness, then go with a model made from stainless steel.
In any case, both aluminum and stainless steel do not corrode when they meet water and can safely be used inside a bathroom.
4. Capacity of Towel Warmer
If you want to warm a lot of towels, then obviously you need to choose a towel warmer that has a big capacity.
Models can easily accommodate up to 5 towels with room to spare. However, if you have bigger demands, then check the capacity of your towel warmer.
5. Automatic On/Off
You don’t want your towel warmer running 24/7, especially if it is an electric towel warmer. It will consume electricity unnecessarily which will quickly add up to your electric bill.
Therefore, it is important that your chosen model comes with an automatic power switch in case you forget to switch it off.
Luckily, some best-rated towel warmers on the market already have this feature by default.
You should check out for safety features like a light indicator. The light indicator will show you if the towel warmer is switched on or off.
This is important because remember, the towel water can get quite warm, so you need to know if it is powered.
If you are planning to carry your towel warmer from room to room, then it is important that you consider its portability aspect as well.
Not all towel warmers are portable. For example, wall-mounted towel warmers are fixed and cannot be moved.
For best portability, you will need a freestanding towel warmer, so choose carefully. You can check models like the Homeleader TW-05S if you need a portable unit.
8. Size of Towel Warmer
Your chosen model should easily fit your bathroom. Therefore, consider its size as well.
Keep in mind that some of the smallest towel warmers on the market are generally wall-mounted and not freestanding.
9. Your Budget
Prices can quickly get out of hand when purchasing a towel warmer. Make a budget and try to stick to it. You can easily get a quality towel water for less than $100.
However, if you need a more premium grade model, then expect to spend in the range of $250.
9 Best Towel Warmers of 2021 Reviewed
1. Spa Luxe SL18 (Best Overall)
2. Homeleader TW-05S (Best Portable)
3. Amba RWH-CB (Best Performance)
4. Brookstone 647156 (Best Build Construction)
5. Warmrails HSKC (Best Efficiency)
6. Pollenex PTW1 (Excellent Price to Performance)
7. LCM Home Fashion PA002 (Versatile & Aesthetically Pleasing)
8. Innoka 8541796389 (With Built-in Thermostat)
9. Amba SP RWH-S (Heats Up Quickly)
1. Spa Luxe SL18 – Best Overall
- Power: 110 V
- Temperature Range: 160°F
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 14 inches x 10.5 inches x 10.5 inches
The Spa Luxe SL18 does not look like your average towel warmer. In fact, it is an enclosed cabinet style towel warmer that can accommodate no less than 24 small towels.
Clearly, this unit has no problem heating up many towels with ease. In addition, it can maintain a constant temperature of 160°F to keep the towels inside at a uniform and warm temperature.
When the device is operational, there is a front power indicator light that is always on. You can switch off the device using the power button located right at the front.
Best, there are 2 racks inside this towel warmer to make it easier to place your towels. You can simply remove the whole rack as well. Neat!
Moreover, it is aesthetically pleasing with neutral colors so not appear awkward in the room. All in all, this model is one of the best electric towel warmers for heating up a lot of small towels.
The only things we didn’t like about it is its very high price. It also takes a bit longer to heat up the towels when compared to other models.
- High capacity. It can accommodate up to 24 mini towels
- A high temperature of 160°F
- Equipped with 2 racks for holding the towels
- It has neutral colors
- The price is a bit high
- Takes more time to heat the towels
2. Homeleader TW-05S – Best Portable
- Power: 120 V, 120 W
- Temperature Range: 131°F – 141°F
- Material: White Lacquered Steel
- Dimension: 24.8 inches x 2.4 inches x 31.8 inches
What differentiates the Homeleader TW-05S from the rest of the competition and makes it one of the best towel warmers is its portability. Indeed, this model weighs only 6.82 lbs and a thickness of 2.4 inches. It will not occupy a lot of space in the bathroom.
What we like about this model is that it is both freestanding as well as wall-mounted. You get a lot of versatility when it comes to the installation of this towel warmer.
Moreover, it is made from a white lacquered steel which is not only durable but also aesthetically pleasing. It will immediately uplift the look of any bathroom with its shiny white finish.
And when it comes to efficiency, no problem. This towel model consumes only 120 W and can deliver a reasonable temperature range of 131°F to 141°F.
The only issues we have with this towel water is that due to its relatively small size, it cannot accommodate a lot of towels. Moreover, it will have difficulty heating large towels.
- Portable with a weight of 6.82 lbs and width of 2.4 inches
- Versatile. It can be used as freestanding, or wall-mounted
- Aesthetically pleasing with a white lacquered steel finish
- Efficient. It consumes only 120 W
- Cannot accommodate many towels
- Difficulty in heating large towels
3. Amba RWH-CB – Best Performance
- Power: 115 V, 150 W
- Temperature Range: 149°F
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Dimension: 31.5 inches x 5.8 inches x 23.6 inches
The Amba RWH-CB is one of the best electric towel warmers that you will find in this review. It can reach a reasonable temperature of 149°F very fast due to its high power of 150 W.
But this model is not simply about performance. It is practical as it has no less than 10 crossbars to hold a lot of towels. What we like about this model is that both the horizontal and vertical bars are heated, so you can place your towels in different ways.
Also, since this unit is made from 304 stainless steel, it will not corrode when it meets water. You can safely install it in a bathroom. And being wall-mounted, this model will not take a lot of space which makes it ideal for people with a small bathroom.
This towel warmer heats up fast, has excellent durability and does not need a lot of space. The only issues we take with it is the price which is very high. The crossbars also get very hot and can cause scalds. You need to be careful with it.
- High performing with 150 W of power
- The rods heat up fast
- Made from 304 stainless steel for durability
- Does not need a lot of installation space
- Its high price
- The crossbars get very hot
4. Brookstone 647156 – Best Build Construction
- Power: 120 V
- Temperature Range: 120°F
- Dimension: 13 inches x 13 inches x 22 inches
If you are looking for a highly durable model that has a quality build construction, then there are few models in this towel warmer review that can beat the Brookstone 647156.
In fact, it is made from a thick ABS material that makes it durable and long-lasting. In addition, this towel warmer is manufactured in the USA and has been precision-made.
Also, it can accommodate 2 oversize towels with ease. Its temperature of 120°F is not the highest we have seen but still more than enough to keep the towels warm to the touch.
At the front, there are indicator lights for safety as well as a power button. Best, this model is equipped with an automatic shut off safety feature in case you forget to manually switch it off.
There is a good reason why this model is one of the best Brookstone towel warmers out there. It has an exceptional build construction and is very durable.
The only caveat is that it cannot accommodate many towels. But this is mostly due to its design.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Automatic shut off feature
- The power button and indicator lights are located at the front
- It cannot accommodate many towels
5. Warmrails HSKC – Best Efficiency
- Power: 120 V, 105 W
- Dimension: 26 inches x 6 inches x 40 inches
When it comes to power consumption and efficiency, the Warmrails HSKC is one of the best personal towel warmers on the market. It uses only 105 W of power, which will not add a lot to your electricity bill.
Moreover, this model is wall-mounted only and easy to install by absolute beginners. You can choose to hardwire or soft wire this towel water during installation. You get a 6.5 feet power cord with this purchase.
Once installed, it will have a discrete look on your wall. Talking about looks, it is aesthetically pleasing with a chrome finish. It will not damage your clothes or towels because the surface is very smooth.
Both the horizontal as well as the vertical bars are heated, so it is versatile. This model also comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
However, keep in mind that due to its low power, it has difficulty fitting up large and humid towels. Also, the welding joints are not the most precise and may appear twisted.
But despite all those, we still nominate this model as the best wall-mounted towel warmer because it is simply worth it. Especially for those looking for a power-efficient towel warmer for personal use.
- Low power consumption of 105 W
- Easy to install by beginners
- Comes with a 6.5 feet power cable
- Chrome finish that will not damage your towels
- It has difficulty hitting up large towels
- Not welded with precision
6. Pollenex PTW1 – Excellent Price to Performance
- Power: 120 V, 240 W
- Dimension: 13.2 inches x 14.2 inches x 14 inches
One of the main advantages of the Pollenex PTW1 is that it has an excellent price to performance ratio. It sports the same features of more expensive towel warmers but at a fraction of the price.
What we like is that it has an automatic shut-off feature. This means that if you forget to switch off the device, it will automatically do it for you. This is an excellent security feature.
Additionally, this warmer can accommodate 2 large towels with ease. At the front, we find helpful indicator lights as well as the power button.
Furthermore, with its width of 14.2 inches and height of 13.2 inches, this model is one of the smallest towel warmers that you can find in this review.
The only issue we take with this unit is that it can accommodate only a limited number of towels.
- Superior price to performance ratio
- Small and compact form factor
- Automatic switch-off feature
- Portable. Easy to carry around
- It can accommodate only 2 towels
- Takes a long time to heat up
7. LCM Home Fashion PA002 – Versatile and Aesthetically Pleasing
- Power: 120 V
- Temperature Range: 122°F
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 21.7 inches x 13.2 inches x 35.6 inches
The LCM Home Fashion PA002 is all about good looks and versatility. Indeed, you can install this towel warmer both as a wall-mounted unit to save space or as freestanding style for portability.
Moreover, it comes with an on and off switch to the side for ease of use. You also get a 6-foot cord with this purchase. But what we like the most about this model is the fact that it comes with an aluminum frame.
This frame contains 6 crossbars, so you can hold many towels on them. Also, those crossbars have a chrome-plated finish that is aesthetically pleasing. They will not damage your towels as the surface is smooth and the towels will slide easily.
The only caveat is that the crossbars are too small to accommodate large towels. Despite this, it remains one of the best towel warmers for the money.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Versatile. It can be installed in different ways
- Made from aluminum. Corrosion-free
- Chrome plating that will not damage the towels
- Too small for large towels
8. Innoka 8541796389 – With Built-in Thermostat
- Power: 120 V, 105 W
- Temperature Range: 110°F – 122°F
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimension: 35.3 inches x 21.7 inches x 13.2 inches
The Innoka 8541796389 is a towel warmer that comes with a built-in thermostat. This allows it to regulate the temperature accurately in the range of 110°F – 122°F regardless of the temperature of the room.
Additionally, this is a 2-in-1 towel warmer, so it can be wall-mounted or installed as freestanding depending on your need. The build construction is excellent and made from aluminum. Which means that it will not corrode and offer long life.
We also like the fact that its energy-efficient with a power consumption of 105 W. It will not add a lot to your electricity bill even with extended use.
When the warmer is powered on, there is a useful power indicator. Which is sadly a feature many models lack in this towel warmer review.
The only caveats we have is that it takes around 30 – 40 minutes to heat up the towels. This is mostly explained by the fact that it has a low power usage. Also, there is no automatic shut off function.
- Built-in thermostat to regulate the temperature
- Made from aluminum. Durable and corrosion-free
- The indicator light for safety
- Takes around 40 minutes to heat the towels
- No auto shut off
9. Amba SP RWH-S – Heats Up Quickly
- Power: 115 V, 150 W
- Material: 18/8 Stainless Steel
- Dimension: 31.5 inches x 4.8 inches x 23.8 inches
If you are tired of waiting for your towels to heat up, then you should consider the Amba SP RWH-S. This model has a power of 150 W which will heat your towels very quickly.
In addition, it contains 10 crossbars which can accommodate many towels with ease. Since this is a wall-mounted towel warmer, it will not consume a lot of space when installed.
One of the best things that we like about this product is that both the horizontal as well as the vertical crossbars are heated. This makes it very versatile, and you can use it in a wide range of ways to suit your need.
Furthermore, since it is made from 18/8 stainless steel, this towel warmer is durable and long-lasting. It will not corrode and maintain its shiny look for years to come.
In fact, this water resistance makes this model one of the best outdoors towel warmers that you can get.
The only problems we have with this model is that it does not have an indicator light for safety purposes. Also, the bars get very hot, so you need to be careful.
- Heats up fast with a power of 150 W
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel. Durable and long-lasting
- Excellent resistance to humidity. Can be used outdoors
- The crossbars get very hot
- Does not come with an indicator light
If you need to warm a lot of towels fast, then you cannot go wrong with models like the Spa Luxe SL18. This model can warm up to 24 mini towels with ease.
But if you have a low budget, then consider the Conair PTW7. This model offers excellent value while still looking great.
If you need a towel warmer with low power consumption for personal use, Warmrails HSKC is an excellent choice.
In this post:
- What To Check Before Buying Towel Warmer?
- 9 Best Towel Warmers of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Spa Luxe SL18 – Best Overall
- 2. Homeleader TW-05S – Best Portable
- 3. Amba RWH-CB – Best Performance
- 4. Brookstone 647156 – Best Build Construction
- 5. Warmrails HSKC – Best Efficiency
- 6. Pollenex PTW1 – Excellent Price to Performance
- 7. LCM Home Fashion PA002 – Versatile and Aesthetically Pleasing
- 8. Innoka 8541796389 – With Built-in Thermostat
- 9. Amba SP RWH-S – Heats Up Quickly