The 9 Best Welding Carts of 2021
Any welder can easily make a welding cart, but there are many advantages to buying a manufactured cart. This includes time savings, lower cost, and more extra features.
Welding carts come in different designs and capacities. Some are simple with few features, while others come with premium features such as extra storage options and lockable cabinets for safety.
This welding carts review will lead you through a list of the market's top offers, plus a buying guide that helps to make the choice easier for you.
9 Best Welding Carts – Review
1. Hot Max WC100 (Best Overall)
2. Yaheetech YA-921 (Best Budget with 3-Tier & Tank Storage)
3. Generic 5706 (MIG & TIG Welding Cart with Tank Storage)
4. Goplus SU-30207-LT (Rugged with 4 Drawers)
5. Klutch Cart 72K (With Large Locking Cabinet)
6. Lincoln Electric K2275-3 (Simple 2-Shelf Design)
7. Metal Man UWC2 (Simple Design with Fold-down Handle)
8. Klutch Cart 16K (Stylish Design with Locking Cabinet)
9. Tuffiom YW11172KDJ (With 3-Shelve & 2-Tank Storage)
1. Hot Max WC100
2. Yaheetech YA-921
(Best Budget with 3-Tier & Tank Storage)
3. Generic 5706
(MIG & TIG Welding Cart with Tank Storage)
4. Goplus SU-30207-LT
(Rugged with 4 Drawers)
5. Klutch Cart 72K
(With Large Locking Cabinet)
6. Lincoln Electric K2275-3
(Simple 2-Shelf Design)
7. Metal Man UWC2
(Simple Design with Fold-down Handle)
8. Klutch Cart 16K
(Stylish Design with Locking Cabinet)
9. Tuffiom YW11172KDJ
(With 3-Shelve & 2-Tank Storage)
1. Hot Max WC100 – Best Overall Welding Cart with Extra Space
- Welder Tray Size: 13 x 33 inches
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 30.5 x 14.7 x 4 inches
- Weight: 33.8 pounds
First up is this Hot Max WC100 welding cart that features durable steel construction with a high-quality finish and three shelves. It fits most MIG welders and plasma cutters, plus it weighs just 33 pounds.
The top shelf measures 13 x 33 inches and the shelf itself is 29 inches tall. Hot Max designed its handle to stay clear of all controls and displays while providing leverage from a slanting position to make your machines easy to use.
You also get a nicely designed backside for gas cylinders, including safety chains.
For downsides, this cart has no lockable compartments, and it is also not cheap. But it's rated at 100 pounds and is one of the few welding carts with a 1-year warranty, making it one of the best welding carts here and our top pick.
2. Yaheetech YA-921 – Best Budget 3 Tier Welding Cart with Tank Storage
- Welder Tray Size: 17.7 x 10.8 inches
- Weight Capacity: 176 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 46.1 x 18.9 x 2.4 inches
- Weight: 25.3 pounds
If you want top-quality at a lower price, check out this Yaheetech YA-921. It's also made from premium top-quality steel and is properly painted to withstand rust and wear.
The top shelf measures 17.7 x 10.8 inches, making it compatible with most TIG, MIG, and stick welders, as well as plasma cutters.
You get heavy-duty PVC casters, with the two front wheels swiveling up to 360° for easy movements. This cart comes with a 176-pound weight rating and a tilted top shelf, making it one of the best welding carts for the money in the market.
Like the Hot Max WC100 above , this cart also lacks a lockable compartment and has one of the smallest welder trays on this list. But it includes enough space for gas cylinders, and a 36.2-inch safety chain.
3. Generic 5706 – MIG & TIG Welding Cart with Tank Storage
- Welder Tray Size: 18 x 10.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 28 x 12 x 28 inches
- Weight: 30 pounds
Here's a good offer for those who want the best portable welding cart. This cart lacks a handle, but this makes it able to fit into tighter spaces than many others.
You can use it for all welding types, as it includes space for cylinders. It measures 28 x 12 x 28 inches and comes with a 100-pound rating. It also includes two fixed and two swivel wheels for convenience.
Cons include the needed first assembly and the lack of a handle which also makes it more compact and ideal for small shops with tight spaces.
4. Goplus SU-30207-LT – Rugged Welding Cart with 4 Drawers
- Welder Tray Size: 17.5 x 15 inches
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 28 x 28 x 15 inches
- Weight: 49 pounds
We all have different needs and concerns. So, if you have safety concerns, then check out one of the best welding carts with drawers here.
It features two shelves, with four drawers on the underside, and the top drawer being lockable. This cart measures 28 x 28 x 15 inches, has a 100-pound weight rating, and the top shelf slopes slightly for ease of use.
For downsides, it's heavier and costlier than many other carts, such as the Generic 5706. It's solid construction, however, and it comes with a back shelf for gas cylinders, plus two chains to secure the cylinder.
5. Klutch Cart 72K – Welding Cart with Large Locking Cabinet
- Welder Tray Size: 13 x 21 inches
- Weight Capacity: 135 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 32 x 19 x 26 inches
- Weight: 47 pounds
The Goplus welding cart above offered just one small lockable drawer. So, if you need to secure larger items, then you need something like this Klutch Cart 72K.
Here, you get a single shelf at a 26-inch height. The shelf is also rated at 135 pounds of weight capacity, making it one of the best heavy-duty welding carts on the market.
You get a 13 x 31 x 13-inch lockable steel cabinet, which is large enough for gloves, a helmet, and other welding supplies. This cart also comes with a sloping top and built-in cable wrap hangers.
The disadvantages here include being the costliest cart and its inability to carry over one machine. It comes with 6-inch rubber tires and 2-inch front swivel casters, as well as cylinder space, with safety chains.
6. Lincoln Electric K2275-3 – Simple 2-Shelf Welding Cart
- Weight Capacity: 130 pounds
- Overall Dimensions:
- Weight: 27 pounds
Here's a good deal for those on the search for the smallest welding cart. Weighing just 27 pounds, this compact welding cart offers just two shelves, but which is still enough for one welding machine and accessories.
You also get a uniquely designed cylinder holder for 80 cubic-foot cylinders. Then there's the long handle, which doubles as a convenient cable wrap hanger, so everything is always neat and tidy.
The price is on the high side and there are only two shelves, which means less space for tools and accessories. But it also makes this welding cart a perfect offer for those who want something compact.
7. Metal Man UWC2 – Simple Welding Cart with Fold-down Handle
- Welder Tray Size: 7.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 110 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 31 x 17 x 4 inches
- Weight: 29.3 pounds
This Metal Man UWC2 takes compact welding cart design to a new level with its foldable handle. This makes it fit into the tightest of spaces while remaining tough and durable.
Metal Man offers this cart in three models: Light-duty, medium-duty, and medium-duty with a handle which is this offer. It can handle weights up to 110 pounds and cylinders up to 80 pounds and 7.5-inch diameters.
Its cons include only two shelves for this model and being the second-costliest cart on this list. Asides from that, it features a slanted top shelf, wrap-around cable holders, and a 90-day warranty on parts.
8. Klutch Cart 16K – Stylish Welding Cart with Locking Cabinet
- Welder Tray Size: 13.7 x 18.7 inches
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 27.2 x 18.7 x 35.7 inches
- Weight: 46 pounds
Here's another welding cart with a locking cabinet. This one also comes from Klutch but it costs less than the earlier one. This cart features two shelves, besides the locking cabinet, making it a top choice for the best dual welding carts.
It features solid steel construction, comes with four cable wraps, space and chains for gas cylinders, and the top shelf includes a handle and tilts slightly for convenience.
You should note that this lockable cabinet measures 13.5 x 19.5 x 12 inches and is smaller than the earlier Klutch's cabinet. It's also a heavy welding cart and requires assembly.
On the plus side, it features rugged steel construction and hard rubber wheels and casters for a long life. Its cylinder rack holds gas bottles up to 7 inches in diameter.
9. Tuffiom YW11172KDJ – Three Shelves Welding Cart with 2-Tank Storage
- Welder Tray Size: 10.5 x 17.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 27.5 x 21 x 8.7 inches
This Tuffiom cart features a 3-shelf design that provides enough space for your welder and as many accessories and tools as possible. It's rated to carry up to 100 pounds of weight.
Tuffiom makes it with heavy-duty steel and applies a fine finish to make it last longer. You can use it for different machines, including MIG, TIG, and stick welders.
Its cons include a lack of lockable cabinets and slightly smaller welder trays. All other features are okay, such as the two safety chains for securing cylinders, and the 360° front caster wheels for maneuverability.
How to Buy the Best Welding Carts
There are a few factors to consider when choosing the best welding cart. The following paragraphs inspect these issues, so you can make the best choice.
1. Storage Capacity
Storage capacity comes up first because it's the most important feature of a welding cart. You need a cart that offers you all the space you need, and then a little more.
First, it should hold your welding machine, then offer shelves or extra room for your other tools. Most welding carts come with two or three shelves, so you need to check and make sure it's enough for your needs.
2. Weight Capacity
While storage capacity is about how much space the cart offers, weight capacity refers to how much weight it can comfortably hold, without falling apart. Welding machines and their gas cylinders can quickly add up, so you need to check first.
Whether you're looking for the best MIG welding cart or something for TIG and stick welding, remember to ask yourself if you might end up having over one welding machine on the cart. Here, it's better to go with solid steel construction that should easily pass a visual strength test.
3. The Wheels
The beauty of welding carts is that they make it easier to move your welding machines from place to place. But note that all wheels are not equal.
If you're using the cart only inside the shop, then good rubber wheels are okay. If outdoors, then opt for larger wheels. If you've got little space, then consider swiveling casters with a zero-turn radius.
4. Construction Material
You want a cart from durable material with a good gauge. The best and most common material here is steel and it should have a good quality finish to protect the steel from corrosion.
5. Shelf Angle
A welding cart with an angled shelf lets you set up your welding machine with its control panel facing slightly upwards. This is good because it makes it easier to read the machine's displays and to use its controls.
6. Extra Features
Here, you must consider extra features that may make the cart more valuable for you. This includes different compartment sizes that may fit a certain tool that you use and safety chains to shield your gas bottles.
Safety can also be an issue if there are items you want to keep safe. Here, a cart with a lockable compartment, such as the Klutch Cart 16K will be of great value.
This one is personal because you are the only one that knows how much you will spend on a welding cart. You'll find good offers between $50 and $100, but there are also premium carts that offer more and cost more.
We've come to the end of this welding carts review and you've seen the best offers out there. From 2-shelf and 3-shelf models to premium and secure models, there's something for everyone.
- 9 Best Welding Carts – Review
- 1. Hot Max WC100 – Best Overall Welding Cart with Extra Space
- 2. Yaheetech YA-921 – Best Budget 3 Tier Welding Cart with Tank Storage
- 3. Generic 5706 – MIG & TIG Welding Cart with Tank Storage
- 4. Goplus SU-30207-LT – Rugged Welding Cart with 4 Drawers
- 5. Klutch Cart 72K – Welding Cart with Large Locking Cabinet
- 6. Lincoln Electric K2275-3 – Simple 2-Shelf Welding Cart
- 7. Metal Man UWC2 – Simple Welding Cart with Fold-down Handle
- 8. Klutch Cart 16K – Stylish Welding Cart with Locking Cabinet
- 9. Tuffiom YW11172KDJ – Three Shelves Welding Cart with 2-Tank Storage
- How to Buy the Best Welding Carts